My Back to the Classics Challenge is still suffering. Right now reading is on the back burner leaving room for gardening, plant dyeing, soaping and enjoying spring.
I tried colour-coding the months' books Obviously green for read, red for not read.
- This time (May) my die roll was 10 meaning A classic by an author that's new to you. I wonder if Madeleine L'Engle's A Rift in Time counts here. I newer heard of her until this challenge, where she keeps on popping up.
- In January I rolled an 11 and began reading A Classic that scares you: Dr. Zhivago. Well I'm at page 50-something now. Every time I pick up this book, I begin doing something else - or reading something else. It STILL scares me!
- In February I rolled an 8 for A Classic with a single-word title I chose Gymnadenia by Sigrid Undset. It still lies unopened here beside me, even thougt I'm sure I'll love reading it.
- In March the die was thrown. I got a 6, meaning: A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. I imagined P.D. James to be older than she was. Try again.
- April's die was a 9. Meaning a classic with a colour in the title. As I have already read De grønne skyggers dal Poul Nørgaard - a gift for Christmas - this one is done!
- 📚 -