mandag den 17. juni 2024

Poetry Monday :: Bread

Mandagsdigt :: Brød

Every Monday is Poetry Monday. Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings and I have taken over the hosting duties, mostly the supplying of the prompts - only temporarily we hope - while Diane at On the Border is taking a break for health reasons.

This Monday's prompt is
Bread. This word fits me. I like bread, I like to bake a bread, So an ode to bread it is.

Flour, salt and water
A little yeast
And then I potter
along as I knead

Patience and raising
A little time
Soon I'll be praising
The Lord for the bread.

Hmm ... this turned in an unexpected direction. Later today I will post my Sunday Selections. I was too busy yesterday.

- - - - -

Next Monday: Muse

6 kommentarer:

  1. Ode to bread,
    I think it deserves it!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It does, nothing beats a still warm, fresh bread.

      Slet
  2. There are few smells more delicious than baking bread...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That, and fresh ground coffee and butter sizzling - those are the best kitchen smells ever!

      Slet
  3. Yes, we praise The Lord for our daily bread. I like this very much.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, and yes we do


      Freed from spam prison.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.