onsdag den 5. juni 2024

Words for Wednesday ~ Only the Words ... & IWSG June 5

The Word for Wednesday challenge started a long time ago. Now it has turned into a movable feast with Elephant's Child as our coordinator; and the Words are provided by a number of people.
The prompts for June are provided by Hilary Melton-Butcher and they will be at Elephant's Child's blog.

The general idea of this challenge is to make us write. Poems, stories, subtitles, tales, jokes, haiku, crosswords, puns, ... you're the boss.
Use all Words, some Words, one Word, or even none of them if that makes your creative juices flow. Anything goes, only please nothing rude or vulgar.

 It is also a challenge, where the old saying
"The more the merrier" holds true.

So Please, remember to follow the links, go back and read other peoples' stories. And please leave a comment after reading. Challenges like this one thrives on interaction, feedback and encouragement. And we ALL need encouragement.

 - - - - -

Words for Wednesday June 5:
Girth
Pummelling
Lizard
Blooms
Corridor
     And/or
 Pucker
Beady
Salubrious
Cabin
Barley

I know what to write, but my teeth still hurt and these Words do not fit, anyway writing will happen ... soon.


 - - - - - -

Today is also the first Wednesday of the month. Time for the monthly Question from the Insecure Writers' Support Group

June 5 question - In this constantly evolving industry, what kind of offering/service do you think the IWSG should consider offering to members?

My answer - I think the porpose of this group perfectly describes what I would like:
Purpose: To share and encourage.
Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting!

14 kommentarer:

  1. I look forward to seeing where the words take you in the fullness of time.
    Alex created a haven for writers and the insecure among us didn't he?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, and yes he did. I like the community, even it I as always feel like the proverbial square peg.

      Slet
  2. I wrote my story for Words for Wednesday on Elephant's Child website, in the comments. It was interesting to insert those words into a fantasy story, but I managed.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I will come and read your - and all the other stories - as soon as I have written my own. Ane I look forward to doing so.
      Words for Wednesday is my substitute for WEP - noone forces you to participate every time ;)

      Slet
  3. Hi, Mother Owl. These words look exceptionally challenging to write with. Good luck. Happy IWSG Day to you!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes and no - depending on which story you want to write, as Olga said, hard for fantasy. I also have trouble with my setting of mid 20 century/magic society, but for a realistic piece they would be about right.

      Slet
  4. I visited the IWSG a couple of times years ago but haven't been back. I might look for support if I got serious about making a book of my stories, but mostly I just write for fun.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I write for fun as well, but I find the monthly question - which reaches me via email - often thought provoking and mostly good for further consideration.

      Slet
  5. I am praying your mouth heals up soon and I know the words will come in their own due time.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I'm tired of my health rigth now, whenever one ailmen is tamed, a new pops up, sigh. But thanks for your prayers, they're much appreciated.

      Slet
    2. I am so sorry to read that you are continuing to battle health issues. Not fun. At all.

      Slet
    3. Thank you, I am qiute optimistic, normally, but these last 6 months has been eating away my optimism. But I am sure you know how it is. Sigh Thanks again.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.