mandag den 11. marts 2024

Poetry Monday :: Distancing

Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from Monday, January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, as she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I began with January, Mimi supplied for February, and so on until Diane returns.

Today is
 Distancing - at least in my place it is now 4 years since Corona close down.

And once again even if this was my own prompt, I had a hard time writing anything. I ended up writing a very moralistic, harsh and angry poem. I was not proud of it, and pre-scheduled my post to one minute before midnight - giving myself time to find a more gentle approach. This obviously did the trick. This is a much more positive approach on the same thoughts.

I still hope to find a nicer version of myself in the coming Sprin-y, sunshiny days. Winter has really had it out for me this year!


Close-down 2020 and today?

Together at a distance.
We needed assistance
We fought with consistence
And we gave resistance
      To the bugs.

Could we do the same -
With distance and shame -
To drinking and game
To crime and to blame
     And the drugs?

 - - - - -

Next Monday: Meaning

5 kommentarer:

  1. A good poem, and a good question. The world feels such an alien place now.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, sadly it is probably a god question with no answer.
      And yes indeed the world feels like an alien place. I still do not feel as if I have landed after the isolation, and every time I open a newspaper, I feel like they're talking gibberish or are about to deconstruct the world. I hope I - or the world - will snap back into focus soon.

      Slet
    2. PS: comment freed from spam-jail.

      Slet
  2. I wish this could work. Good poem, Mother Owl.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.