mandag den 5. juni 2023

Poetry Monday :: Hot Air Balloon

It is June, the theme of this Poetry Monday is Hot Air Balloon. It is time for a repost from October 2019.

Poetry Monday is a challenge, hosted by Diane at On the Border.

For October 14, 2019 Diane gave us Our Bucket List, And I wrote: 

 I do not have a written, dedicated bucket list. Of course I have things I would like to do, and see, and try, but it's not the stuff you normally see on such lists.
 Well the theme is set. Ready, start, rhyme!


So many places I have not been,
so many wondrous sights unseen:

  I'd like to find the rainbow's end and win myself a pot of gold.
Because I like to feast and share
I do not like meals to be spare.

  Another thing, I'd like to do: see a new continent - yes I'm bold
Australia would be my choice
For kangaroos would bring me joys.

  And then I always wanted to be a pilgrim, and I'm told
that Santiago used to be the end
of Spain, I'd like to visit there again

  I've never soared through skies above. And I would sure like to behold
My house from a hot air balloon,
On a nice, cloudless day in June.

  But what I want to most of all is to grow oh, so very old.
Because I'm curious, you know,
I want to see my children grow.
And stay with hubby, grow a tree,
I'd be so happy - as you see. 

          -- o 🛤 o --



Next Monday: Red Roses

6 kommentarer:

  1. Interesting poem, I am sure you would love Australia and all the other places too.

    SvarSlet
    Svar

    1. I am sure I would love Australia. All your lovely photos have done nothing but whetting my appetite.

      Slet
  2. How lovely. If you do make it to Australia please let us know.

    SvarSlet
  3. I really like this. Someday i wouldn't mind being in a balloon for a short time. A long flight would make me nervous.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you - you made me curious and after looking up ballooning accidents in Wikipedia I am tempted to say it is the safest means of transportation in exsistence ;) Only keep away from power lines.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.