mandag den 13. december 2021

Poetry Monday :: Ice Cream

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

- - 🍨 - -

Ice Cream? What a topic :) Today is Saint Lucy's day. (Santa Lucia) Today we celebrate with hot saffron buns, hot tea or cocoa, singing and candles. Ice cream is a thing very far from my mind in the deep of winter.

Ice cream is a thing of summer
Ice cream is a thing of fun
We enjoy it at the sea side
When from lapping waves we run.

Strawberry or mint or puffo
- that one tastes like bubble gum.
Oh we like them all and eat them
to the very lastest crumb.

Well, now winter's winds are blowing
Ice creams are but in my mind.
But when summer comes to us, then,
Time for ice cream we will find!

- - - - -

Coming up:

Music (December 20)
Fruitcake (December 27)
Sleep (January 3)
Peculiar People (January 10)
Ditch Your New Year's Resolutions
(January 17)
Opposite Day (January 24)
Typo Day (January 31) Celebrate those funny (autocorrect) mistakes.

7 kommentarer:

  1. Like you, i made note that winter is hardly the time for ice cream. It's nice to imagine when we will get back to enjoying it in a few months, though.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I am looking forward to summer. More so today, as the snow has all gone and it's raining (

      Slet
  2. I do love ice cream and have been known to eat it even in winter, because in Australia the sun still shines then, so ice cream is possible. I haven't had any for a couple of years now though, apart from a few spoonfuls on really hot summer days, because I have to watch my sugar intake. I used to eat 2-4 litres a week which certainly wasn't good for me.
    My favourite flavour is vanilla and I also like butterscotch ripple.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, we have sunshine - occasionally - here too. but not really hot enough weather for icecream. I feel sad for you not being able to eat ice cream. My most favourite tastes are mint, lemon and pear butterscotch sounds interesting - I hope to find this one come summer, as I like to try new ones. My favourite ice cream shop was in Asissi, Italy, 30 differnt tastes, and not the same 30 two days in a row ;) We often went there twice a day on our stays there.
      I did not like Gorgonzola ice cream, or pizza :(

      Slet
  3. Smiling - but I can take or leave (and mostly leave) ice cream. River is right though, it does well in Australia in winter too.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Can you leave ice cream? I love it. But most shops / stands (The pop up variety) selling icecream closed some time in september, so getting an ice cream today would be troublesome today. And as you can see from my snowy Sunday selections, I don't really long for it now. Hot cocoa and buns are better choices.

      Slet
  4. Ice cream definitely has a season. Except in our family, where they would have ice cream at every meal...or FOR every meal! ;)

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.