mandag den 10. juni 2019

Poetry Monday :: Mosquitoes

Delores of Mumblings and Jenny of Procrastinating Donkey are taking turns hosting Poetry Monday.
Today's theme is Mosquitoes (courtesy of Delores).


 Today it's still holiday, it's Pentecost Monday. No school, no work, no obligations. We sleep in, we eat a slow breakfast, we dally around. I open my computer to check on the weather forecast. In my newsfeed I notice everybody's Poetry Monday writings. Oh of course. Holiday Mondays are still Mondays. I haven't given a thought to mosquitoes before now. At least not to poetry on mosquitoes. The real ones have been pestering us. I sit down and pull my hairs out. Here's what my poor stressed brain came up with.

Zzzzzz - a mosquito is buzzing
I'm turning and tossing
trying to cover my ears.

The mosquito is quiet
I'm ready to riot
to alleviate my fears.

Because quiet mosquitoes
means they use me and my toes
for breakfast and dinner and snack.
It's itching, I'm scratching
And soon I'll be matching
a well patched stretch of tarmac.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Love it.
    Who would have thought that pesky little blood suckers who inspire such clever and varied poems.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You took the words rigth out of my mouth. One irritating critter, so many poems!

      Slet
  2. Oh, well done, MotherOwl - especially when you were writing under pressure! Quiet mosquitoes are the dangerous ones, for sure :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh yes. Quiet mosquitoes ... I'm longing to be old and deaf, not hearing mosquitoes at all will be pure bliss.

      Slet
  3. Oh, how we hate them, especially when they are suddenly not seen or heard. It means they have chosen a spot, and we don't know where

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.