søndag den 4. marts 2018

Back to the Classics - March - Updated

My Back to the Classics Challenge is suffering so far.

In January I rolled an 11 and began reading A Classic that scares you: Dr. Zhivago. Well I'm at page 50something now. Every time I pick up this book, I begin doing something else - or reading something else.
It STILL scares me!

In February I rolled an 8 for A Classic with a single-word title I chose Gymnadenia by Sigrid Undset. It still lies unopened here beside me, even thougt I'm sure I'll love reading it.

In the meantime I've been reading a lot more than I have done for a very long time. I read:
- A Wrinkle in time by Madeline L'Engle (which I have placed under 3. A classic by a woman author on my list), which the library was able to find for me.
- De grønne skyggers dal by Poul Nørgaard (this one qualifies for 9. A classic with a colour in the title) which was a gift for Christmas.
Then I read a couple of books that do not qualify, as they're far too recent to even get near the list. All this in order to avoid reading Dr. Zhivago. I even tried bringing that book along for long, boring train journeys on my own, but I never got to open it, free newspapers and the view from the window captured my attention.


And now the March die was thrown. I got a 6, meaning: A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.
Well. On my table also lies P.D. James' Death in Holy Orders. Let's see if I can manage that.
Oops I imagined P.D. James to be older than she was. This book was written in 2001 - hardly a classic. Try again. 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.