mandag den 31. august 2026

Poetry Monday :: Not a Poem - But Something Else

Monday is Poetry Monday. And today's prompt is Xerophyte.

But today there's no poetry forthcoming from MotherOwl. Some days ago The Pirate showed me a webtoon where the author works his way through the alphabet, drawing and writing funny verses with a sword, an animal (or two) and actions all starting with the same letter.
As of now he's made it to K.

And K is for  ... try and guess which weapon, which animal and what it's doing with the sword. Link in the end of this post.

For some days now The Pirate and I - me mostly to tell the truth - have been guessing what the next letter would bring. Only rarely hitting bulls-eye, but often being close.

The only thing coming to my min with Xerophyte is that I cannot find enough meaningful verbs to write a webtoon comic text after his model. I actually found a sword, the Xyele, the short, one-edged, slightly curved sword of the Spartans.
I wonder what this artist will do when he gets there.
My try in here. Can you do better? I have no doubts that the artist behind Swords will do better.

X is for Xyele.
Xeroxed by a xerophyte,
for a xenophobic xeme
dabbling in xylomancy.

Swords: K is for ...


- - - - - Coming Prompts - - - - -

September 7 My culture
September 14 Beach huts
September 21 Solstice
September 28 Bonfire
October 5 Rocket
October 12 Contents of the safe
October 19 X-ray vision
October 26 Clam

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.