Words for Wednesday ~ August 12, Words supplied by Mimi @ Messymimi's Meanderings. The Words can be found there and at River's blog: Drifting through Life.
Plastic
Remain
Tooth
Wisecrack
Distant
Enjoy
and/or the following phrases
Heads up (an advance warning)
Not all it's cracked up to be (failing to be as good as other people claim)
Playing possum (pretending to be dead, or being deceitful)
Using all words and expressions in the order they were given, dramatic and over the top, based in truth:
Plastic seems to be all that remain of my poor tooth. My dentist said the following wisecrack: Your teeth are all soon to be distant works of art, enjoy them while they're still there.
In other words, she gave me a heads-up to start saving for some major work. I do not think dentures are all they're cracked up to be, so I'll go on trying to retain my few remaining teeth and play possum when the subject arises, until it can no longer be dodged.
Poetry Monday ~ August 10, prompt: Bluebell
This prompt was given for Monday 10th, the birthday of one of my sons. And in my head rolls a tune, I always thought to be Bluebells of Scotland, but is not. One of my other sons participated in a theatre at school, where this tune; the 'not-Bluebells of Scotland' was used. It went on about sheep, about sheep-shearing, and of sheep-shearers up in the highlands. I think it was made for the occasion, as I cannot find it anywhere.
It wholly and totally prevents me thinking any sensible thought on Bluebells.
And the Colour of August:
One photo from last week
That's not Denmark 😉. We were away on a mini-holiday, visiting Ribe, Hamburg, and Lübeck. This is from Hamburg, a picture of what I called the "Terrible Tower" The church was bombed during WWII, the tower still stands, fortified, and a lift takes you to the top of the then tallest, now still fifth-tallest church tower in the world. During the trip up and down you can look directly down and out through all the holes and missing windows! Did I ever tell you that I'm not fond of heights?
And Wordle for Tuesday, August 11 ... the day I returned
Wordle 1.879 5/6
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
once again earning me the "Sea of Green"

Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .
I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.