mandag den 15. august 2022

Poetry Monday :: Lemon Meringue Pie Day

It is Monday - Poetry Monday!
 Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who supplies us with many of the topics - are also writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read them!
  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way, now that her mum's health is in need of a prayer too. But still we dare hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

- - - - -

The theme for today is: Lemon Meringue Pie Day. I never heard of this special pie until today, and did not really know what to do or say. So instead of big versed in praise of said pie, two humble haiku must suffice. 


Lemon meringue pie?
Meringue is crunchy and sweet
lemons are tasty

Mix them together
how will it taste? I wonder
I like pies - Let's try!

 - - - - -

Next Monday: Be an Angel Day

8 kommentarer:

  1. I LOVE lemon meringue pie! I used to make my own, but haven't for a long time. The frozen ones from the store are acceptable, but not nearly as nice as home made.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'll really have to try - home mad of course ;)

      Slet
  2. It is years since I have had one, but a good lemon meringue pie (home made) is a thing of joy and beauty.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm in luck. My baking son took the job - good outcome certain.

      Slet
  3. Here's where I admit I struggle making the meringue part. Usually, I just slide it off and devour the lemon deliciousness beneath!
    Awesome poem!

    SvarSlet
  4. Our meringue part did not turn out great either, but the taste! It's a keeper.

    SvarSlet
  5. It's fun to try new things, i'm glad you liked it!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. We like trying new things to cook - an cakes are the best. This one tasted so good, even if we bungled up a bit in the making of it ... better luck next time as it's a keeper.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.