mandag den 10. maj 2021

Potry Monday :: Lost Sock Memorial Day

If you want to read some good poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is taking a break due to her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.


The lonely socks' bin is growing,
Newcomers every week.
I wonder and I scratch my head
whene'er I take a peak
Why is it that the loney sock
from today's wash
never match the ones inside?


- - - - -
Topics coming up:

The anniversary of the patent of the rubber band. (May 17)
Favourite breakfast (May 24)
Memorial Day (May 31)
Best Friends Day (from June 8) (June 7)
Monkey Around Day (June 14)
Fathers (June 21)
Bubbles (June 28)

14 kommentarer:

  1. A discouraging but true state of affairs around here as well.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The more people, the more single socks. An easy equation.

      Slet
  2. A dilemma for the ages! Where, oh where are those missing socks?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes where? Some of the singles have been in the basket for years. I'm still hoping.

      Slet
  3. Despite the fact that socks never separate here I am smiling at your poem and wondering just how many lonely sock bins there are... Two at least for affected households it seems to ensure that the lonely are never reunited.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I have one lonely socks' bin, it's big and I empty it very seldom, always hoping for that fave sock of mine to show up.

      Slet
  4. Yes, we've all 'bin' there, and still got the lonesome sock to prove it.
    Perhaps we should invest in prescribed T-shirts bearing the logo 'Have you seen this sock?' / photo / 'Please contact ...' (phone number).

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I yhink the expenses from making such T-shirts exceeds the expenses for new sokck. But maybe a paper wanted-bill over the washing mashine ;)

      Slet
  5. That's the big question, why do the mates almost never turn up? Ah, some mysteries in life will just never get solved, i guess.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree. Some say that socks are the larvae of something else. I start to believe.

      Slet
  6. I don't understand lost socks. I wear two, I wash two and I put two back in the drawer. I never lose any.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Mom, dad & 6 kids = a zillion socks. Some get lost. I bought a lot of socks looking the same, and I always end up with an uneven number of these. Never does two socks disappear, always only one.

      Slet
  7. Maybe the other socks ran off together. I've never lost any socks but I've always managed to get holes in them.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I can do both! I even have holey, unmatching socks.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.