mandag den 31. maj 2021

Poetry Monday :: No Poem Here

If you want to read some good poetry today you got to head elsewhere. To
Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge
- and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings (who also supplies us with topics)
They are both writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

- Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises to join in at least once a month - maybe that's today!
-  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
-  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is taking a break due to her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way.

I have something more to ask of you: If you read the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.

  As Memorial Day is not celebrated in Denmark, and I am not one for worshipping soldiers and war efforts in general, no poeming will happen here today.
  I could of course compose a poem in honour of everyone who ever died for their country, but I think this is not what this day is all about.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Topics coming up:
Best Friends Day (from June 8) (June 7)
Monkey Around Day (June 14)
Fathers (June 21)
Bubbles (June 28)

6 kommentarer:

  1. We don't celebrate Memorial Day here either.
    Enjoy your day, however you spend it. Healthily and happily I hope.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I wish you the same! And frosty mornings and sunny days in good health!

      Slet
  2. Like you, i do not glory in war. Those who fought to defend their homes and way of life from outside aggressors have my deep respect, as i know they did not undertake it lightly.

    May you have a most blessed and beautiful day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I see what you mean. War in righteous defence of your own land, but when is a war really only that? There's almost always two sides to a war.

      Slet
  3. It all just makes me cry. WHY do we have wars? They make no sense at all to me.

    SvarSlet
  4. "I am not one for worshipping soldiers and war efforts"
    I am not either, so I haven't left a comment at either of those poems.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.