mandag den 25. november 2019

Genjuan Habun Contest - 2017

And finally my contrubution from 2017. Winners can be seen here.


-- はいぶん --

Visions
  I see a mountain. Tall, triangular, looming in the horizon. I don't know it. I wonder. Is this Kilinmanjaro, Matterhorn, Sagarmatha? No. At first I am confused. Then a voice whispers in my mind. "Bow your head. This is the mountain of poetry. This is Ishizuchi-san." My mind repeats the strange syllables I-chi-zu-chi-san.
  Still guided by that strange voice, I go into a park.

Reading a kuhi
Ishizuchi towering
I am in Japan.

  Then I board a train. Open waters and bustling cities pass by. I get off and on trains several times. Still guided by that voice. Cities pass by: Otsu. Kyoto. Osaka. I buy and eat an eki-ben somewhere between the two lasts stops. I get off, walk for a long time, my legs seem to know the way all by themselves, but still guided by the friendly voice.
  It is a new place. Everything looks a bit strange, the smells are unexpected. Even the Sun shines in a new way. New, yet strangely familiar. I reach a cottage by a lake.
  I wake up. It's New Year's morning.

3 kommentarer:

  1. I have learned something new today.
    I love the idea of haiku engraved on stones - and that they have a name.
    Many thanks.
    And I do like your piece too. Lots.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I'd like to have a kuhi (haiku-stone) in my garden, but I think it would be hard work making one - maybe I could paint instead og engraving.
      Thank you for liking my haibun.

      Slet
  2. It is an inspiring thought, to have a poetry mountain.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.