torsdag den 30. juli 2026

Words for Wednesday ~ July 29

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over as a moveable feast with many participants supplying the Words.
When Delores closed her blog forever due to other problems, Elephant's Child (Sue) took over the role of coordinator.
Now, after Sue's demise, River has taken the mantle of coordinator upon her shoulders.

No matter what, how, where or who the aim of the words is to encourage us to write. Poems, stories, subtitles, tales, jokes, haiku, crosswords, puns, ... you're the boss.
Use all Words, some Words, one Word, or even none of them if that makes your creative juices flow. Anything goes, only please nothing rude or vulgar.

This month the words are given by me (Charlotte - MotherOwl) and can be found at River's blog
: Drifting through Life

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please leave a comment on River's blog, then we can come along and read it and add a few encouraging words.

It is also a challenge, where the old saying "The more the merrier" holds true.

So Please, remember to follow the links, go back and read other peoples' stories. And please leave a comment after reading. Challenges like this one thrives on interaction, feedback and encouragement. And we ALL need encouragement.

And for today we were given:  
Snake,
Linen,
Cake,
Tired,
Letter,
Clip
and/or
Brush,
Matter,
Rake,
Blue,
Bush,
Read

Wednesday Hex strikes again. Today, Thursday, I used all the words for another Here & now, only not "matter" ... and for once not in the order they were given.
    This was my last Wednesday supplying the Words for Wednesday. As I wrote and sent them to River back in December last year, they were as new to me as they were to you. In August the Words will be suppiled by Mimi @ Messymimi's Meanderings, and will go live there as well as at River's
Drifting through Life 

Yesterday the first thing on the agenda was PE, as every Wednesday. I passed a dead snake on my way to the bus stop. It was quite dead and totally flat, run over by several cars. Poor guy.
    After PE, I hurried to the train station on my tired legs and caught a train direction Hillerød.

Yesterday we visited my mother's grave for her birthday.
    We met up with three of the Owlets and we brushed up the grave site, where also the Owlets' paternal grandparents are buried. We straightened up the headstones, weeded, planted some new orange, white and blue flowers, laid the flagstones back in place, and raked the gravel. It looked nice when we were done.
    Then we said some prayers and went leisurely back through the graveyard, reading some of the headstones - many of them commemorating former friends or acquaintances - wondering in one place why all the letters were polished up, but not the hyphens, We ended up in a nearby place where we ate pizza, spaghetti. ice-cream and cake, and reminisced and talked.
    We travelled home by a bus, two trains and finally yet another bus, where one Owlet and I ran to catch it, and the Writer as always biked home.
    Home again I took down the bed linen from the clothes line. Then I fed the hens some weeds, removing part of the brush growing under the clothes lines.
    As one of the last thing, as I sat down at my computer to check my e-mail, I found the missing hair clip - it had been sitting right there, hidden in plain sight - for two weeks' time. Big Sis still has the other one, but she's away travelling.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.