torsdag den 19. oktober 2023

Words for Wednesday :: Tanka :: Using the Words

Now I became curious, what is a tanka? Wikipedia came to my aid as so often before. It seems to be an extra large Haiku, so I tried my hand. If there's any Tanka experts out there, please do not judge my first try too harshly.

-- 🍁  --  🌕 -- ⛩ -- 

The Words were given by Sean Jeating and published at Elephant's Child's blog:


Art
Awe
Dreamscape
Face
Moonlit
    and/or
Breathless
Me
Oxygen
Tanka
You

Tanka
The moonlit dreamscape
Leaves me breathless, in awe
You and me will share
Oxygen face to face
Making art forevermore.

9 kommentarer:

  1. Loud applause from me. I knew what a tanka was but have never been brave enough to even attempt one. And I love this. Rotten blogger refuses to publish my comment. I am heading off to a different browser to try again.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. At least you suceeded now. Thanks for the praise - it migth be a fit of fools rush in ;)

      Slet
  2. Ha, good one.
    And I am relieved that you have not found a way to fit in dahlia yellow, either. ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I can make you jittery again by telling that I never use my colour for Words for Wednesday, but for my Sunday Selection. I have some plant dyed Dahlia yellow wool, I just forgot to post last Sunday because of illness and life happening.

      Slet
  3. Svar
    1. Thank you! I feel a bit like Susan - not doing anything is a bad option :)

      Slet
  4. I have no idea how to judge a tanka but this sounds good to me. And you used the words very well.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.