mandag den 3. januar 2022

Poetry Monday :: Sleep

If you want to read some better  poetry,  Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge - and Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.

  Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
  SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.

  Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.


This Monday's topic is Sleep. Precious, refreshing, long or short, but all too often elusive.


In evening I fall asleep
I don't resort to counting sheep:
But in the early morning hour
I am awake, there around four.
I lie me down,
I toss and frown,
Roll in a heap,
I almost weep.
The night is deep,
The shadows creep,
The headlights sweep ...
At last, when I go back to sleep,
The alarm clock goes beep, beep, beep!

Next Mondays topic is: Peculiar People



4 kommentarer:

  1. Love your heartfelt poem. It is no wonder that so many cultures use sleep deprivation as a form of torture. It is.
    And I would love to sleep the whole night through - which hasn't happened in far too long...

    SvarSlet
  2. Thanks Charlotte, I have weird sleeping patterns but refuse to be alarmed by them anymore. I am myself, unique in my needs and comfort levels.

    XO
    WWW

    SvarSlet
  3. Ah, yes, just as i fall asleep, it's time to wake up. That happens and it is so frustrating.

    You penned a poem most of us can relate to.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.