onsdag den 5. april 2023

Words for Wednesday 5. april & IWSG

Todays Words for Wednesday prompts can be found here. They are:

 sister 
warning
assignment
angry
tourist 
     Optional word list to use however you wish or not at all: 
large 
quest 
blackmail 
blunder
notebook

I wrote a small vignette about the main person in my magical mock-autobiography (auto-fiction maybe) The dramatis personae can be found in the sidebar. Susan is a witch.

Susan and her sister sat at the edge of the cliffs above the beach. They had ignored the warning sign, as usual, and Susan sat writing on an assignment, while Linda was perusing a horse magazine.

Suddenly angry voices rose from the beach. A tourist had discovered their dangling legs, and now gave them a piece of his mind.

That's all, the story might continue with the optional words later. I ran out of steam.

Dagens Onsdagsord findes her. De er:

 Søster
advarsel
opgave
vred
turist
     Valgfri ordliste, som du kan bruge som du vil, eller slet ikke:
stor
søgen
afpresning
fejltagelse
notebook

Jeg har skrevet en lille vignet om hovedpersonen i min magiske selvbiografi (autofiktion måske) Der er en personliste i venstre sidepanel. Susan er en heks.

Susan og hendes søster sad på kanten af klipperne over stranden. De havde som sædvanlig ignoreret advarselsskiltet, og Susan sad og skrev på en opgave, mens Linda sad og læste i et hesteblad.

Pludselig lød vrede stemmer nede fra stranden. En turist havde opdaget deres dinglende ben og gav dem nu en ordentlig omgang.

Det var alt. Historien fortsætter måske med de valgfrie ord senere. Jeg løb tør for ideer.

- - - - - - - - - -

April 5 question - Do you remember writing your first book? What were your thoughts about a career path on writing? Where are you now and how is it working out for you? If you're at the start of the journey, what are your goals?

My answer: I wrote my first book at the age of almost 6. It was about a litter of kittens going out into the world and experiencing all kinds of adventures before being reunited.
I always wanted to read and write. But I trust my writing abilities far less now than I did then, happily typing away on my ancient typewriter.

8 kommentarer:

  1. Love you Word for Wednesday story. It made me smile.

    SvarSlet
  2. I ALWAYS love your W4W stories. And continue to look forward to more. I am a reader rather than a writer. And writers are my heroes.

    SvarSlet
  3. Your first book sounds like a wonderful idea for a child to write about. I do enjoy your Susan stories, even when they are short.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. One of these days I'm going to hunt through my old papers to see if it still exists. In my mind it is a fantastic tale, and even quite long. 5 or more typed pages. ... I'm not sure it can stand a re-read.

      Slet
  4. Good little story, but someone objecting to dangling legs? Let him look the other way, gaze at the ocean instead.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's not their legs dangling setting him off - it's them being there in a, as he sees it, dangerous place. Remember the warning signs? The cliff in question is tall, and crumby. But the sisters knew that cliff and where to sit - or not.
      You can see the cliff in this old photo

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.