fredag den 12. juli 2024

Words for Wednesday :: part 2 or 3 or maybe 4 :: Gylfi & Thora 11

This last Wednesday I came up with the Words for Words for Wednesday. I wrote a whiney weather post, using the Words, but they also fit in with my continuing story of Gylfi and Thora. As usual I am
using the words in the order they were given

Here they are:



Agile
Bleak
Comfort
Dull
Even
Full
     and/or
This photo from Spencer Gurley, courtesy of Pexels

I continue the story from where I let off last Monday - I seem to be late in using the words in July - well here it is still Friday a few minutes more at least


-- 👀 --


Gylfi entered the room just as Thora hung up. "Who was it?" he asked letting down the catch of the day in the sink.

"The Fins," Thora replied. "They are on their way to Turku, and are going to brave the portals on their own."
"Fine, I have something I want to test," Gylfi said. "Would you mind preparing the fish, while I get them. What a luck I did not stop when I had enough for the two of us. I'll be hungry when we return."

"What mischief have you planned now!" Thora asked.

"Teleporting," Gylfi answered. "I have been practising every day, sometimes even more times a day. And I can teleport with the neighbour's cow for short distances."
Thora began laughing, "That's why Starri's Hildur has been complaining that her cow gives less milk recently. I overheard her at the bakers'." she turned serious: "But teleporting is dangerous."

"As I said, I have been practising, and I think I'm just naturally good at it. It's easy, and it does not make me dizzy or tired as portals and other kinds of magic does."

"You're a strange one, Gylfi," Thora said lovingly, "I'll take care of fish and whatever, just drink up your tea, have a few more cookies, and remember to bring some along when you go and get the Finnish twins, these caves are not a place for prolonged stays."

Gylfi smiled at Thora while he ate the last of yet another cookie, then he wrapped some in a napkin and stuffed in his pockets. He rose: "Thank you. I promise to take care, and only take one of them at a time. No need to hurry and risk our future teachers."

"Great, I look forward to seeing you, and them, home again."
Shortly after she heard the roar of Gylfi's old car and began scaling the fish.

Gylfi arrived at the end of the bumpy road near the farm before darkness fell. He parked the car well away from the farmhouse and with agile steps climbed the nearest mound. Yes, he could see the cave from there, he looked around, painting an inner picture of his surroundings. The glacier looked bleak in the van evening light. He had to hurry. He pulled out his wand, looked at the distant glacier and cast the spell.

He stood at the entrance to the cave.
He entered the cave, and when he no longer could see the road, and thus also was not visible from outside, he pulled his staff and with a softspoken Ljús and a swish it emitted a clear, golden light. He took comfort in the fact that he knew where he was going this time around. Caves were one of his weaknesses, never admitted to anybody, but he felt the pressure of the masses of stone and earth and ice on top of him almost like a physical pressure.

A gleam of dull blue told him that Taavi had lit his wand as well and was near the little portal in the back of the cave. He called, and even this small sound filled up the cave with warmth and life - and bats. Gylfi ducked, as the bats flew over his head and out into the new night.

He turned his light up to full and walked briskly over to the twins. The cave was unusually dry and it was easy gong. They greeted one another and the twins gladly accepted a couple of Thora's cookies.

8 kommentarer:

  1. This is so good I didn't notice the words.

    SvarSlet
  2. This is great. And exciting too.

    SvarSlet
  3. Nicely done! Now I'm hungry for a cookie, too.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I'm sorry that internet cookies are not as tasty as the real ones.

      Slet
  4. I really liked your story Charlotte,
    full of imagination it took us to other dream worlds
    and with the right use of words!
    I thought I had written a comment, but I didn't, so I'm writing now!
    Have a beautiful and creative week Charlotte!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much.
      I think we all know those comments that either only got written in our heads or disappear somewhere in the internet.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.