onsdag den 31. juli 2024

Words for Wednesday & A Mystery

Monday, while waiting for our birthday lady to arrive, I visited a second hand shop just across the street from where we were celebrating. I saw many interesting things there. A few of those I bought, most not.
I found - and bought - a tin of
I saw - and did not buy - bookends shaped like comic figures, a carefully wrapped CD with the soundtrack from Grease featuring Hopelessly Devoted to You, a book on gland diseases in bovine for veterinary students, and another on Greek elegies. It was a very good second hand shop, and I hope to go there again.

I found - and bought - an owl shaped lunch box (not featured)  and these funny birds
If anybody has an inkling - or certain knowledge - of the use of these wooden creatures, I'd be happy to hear.

And with this I used the first batch of words from Words for Wednesday. Found here, and supplied by yours truly.

Here are all the words once again - I do not yet know if and for what I am going to use the second batch.
Alphabet
Bookends
Careful
Devoted
Gland
Elegy

     and/or
Fabulous
Island
Legend
Mirror
Yak
Violent

13 kommentarer:

  1. A good second hand shop is a wonderful thing. I do not know what those little birds were originally designed for - but would have had a hard time resisting them.

    SvarSlet
  2. What fun things to find! Those birds are very special, whatever they are.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I like second hand shops and almost always find fun things there.

      Slet
  3. I love how you used the words. I'm not sure about the birds, I like them but don't know what they are for.

    SvarSlet
  4. Well done Charlotte - yes I loved your take on 'your' words! They took us in and out of life ... the wonder of the things we acquire ... those little birds - I do not know ... but they are delightful. Cheers to you - and thanks for supplying the words during July - all the best - Hilary

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, and thanks for using "my" words.

      Slet
  5. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, good story. Perfect description of those long, lazy summer's days. And a tongue in cheek ending too.

      Slet
  6. I must go check out second hand shops though there aren't that many around her. These are interesting finds. Those wooden birds looks interesting but I've not seen such things before. Perhaps they are for smashing or beating small ingredients for cooking? But they are cute though.

    Have a lovely day

    SvarSlet
  7. If the heads are removable, they will be mood barometers. Beak up (+), beak down (-), and if a partner lets the beak disappear upside down, s/he is pissed off!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Nope, the're quite small and have no movable parts. My guess is that thay are pieces for some unknown to me boardgame.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.