tirsdag den 30. juli 2024

Poetry Monday Catchup

Every Monday is Poetry Monday. Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings and I have taken over the hosting duties, mostly the supplying of the prompts - only temporarily we hope - while Diane at On the Border is taking a break for health reasons.

  I have something more to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others, would you please leave a comment. Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others.

     I have been slacking, with blogging as with almost everything else (all due to good reasons) but now I'm trying to catch up. These last two days has been better, busy and still cloudy and windy, but NO RAIN!
     Only due to no church and yet a birthday celebration, I suffered from the delusion that yesterday was Sunday! Of course it was not, and I am a day late with Poetry Monday. To make up for this, I also add a small haiku for the topic of last Monday, Conclusion.
     As I normally resort writing one of the short, very regulated verse forms when I'm busy -- either a Haiku or an Elfje -- this is what I have done these last Mondays.


Monday July 22nd: Conclusion
A wise man told me
That a conclusion simply
Is a posh ending.

Monday, July 29th: Holiday
Holiday
A time
With fun relaxation.
We are longing for
Sunshine.

 - - - - -

And for the coming Mondays we have these topics:
Aug. 5 Honey
Aug. 12 Cabinet
Aug. 19 Market
Aug. 26 Instrument

1 kommentar:

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.