onsdag den 26. januar 2022

Words for Wednesday -- 26 January -- Elfjes

 The prompts for this Wednesday are, as all January, given to us by Hilary Melton-Butcher. The prompts and a lot of other information about this challenge can be read over at Elephant's Child's blog.

The general idea is to make us write and read what others wrote, and cheer along the other participants.

  This is also a challenge, where the old saying "The more the merrier" holds true, therefore: Please, remember to follow their links, go back and read other peoples' stories. And please leave a comment after reading. Challenges like this one thrives on interaction, feedback and encouragement. And we ALL need encouragement.  

The prompts for Wednesday 25th of January:

Wellington Boot
Art
Murmuration
Sedge
Thresh
Fissure

     And/or  
Heath
Race
Cottage
Mosses
Windbreak
Ajax

It seems like I did not get enough poetry with my "wannabe Haiku" this Monday. But today I stay with elfjes, as they are fun, easy, and not as serious or "grown uppish" as the haiku- Yet still requiring some work to fit within the rules and give an adequate expression to your thoughts.

I did not use all the words. Race and Fissure are being left out.

I have copy-pasted  Elizabeth Leaper's explanation in a blog post here: Elfjes  as unfortunately I have seen so many blogs suddenly disappear, and her blog has not been updated for 7 years now.

Writing.
The illumination.
And the threshing
of words form chaff.
Art!


Cottage.
Wellington boots
Mosses and sedge
The well-known smell of
Ajax


Gentle
winds blowing.
They are trying
to pass the windbreak.
Murmuration.

8 kommentarer:

  1. That's an interesting form of poetry. Nicely done.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I like that the rules are simple, so that you can complicate them or not as you like.

      Slet
  2. Fine take on the prompts
    The Words came easy to you
    Next time a tanka?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love Haiku as well, a tanka? I had to look up tanka, It sure looks tempting as I love to try new forms of poetry. Thank you for telling me about this.

      Slet
  3. Beautifully done! Someday i might try this poetic form, you never know.

    SvarSlet
  4. Hi Charlotte - congratulations ... these are a delight to read. But also for introducing us to your Elfjes - we're all keen on new word delights ... cheers Hilary

    SvarSlet
  5. I have not heard of elfies but it's an interesting way to write.

    These are like three separate thoughts, right? I read them as such. I like the third the best.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.