mandag den 17. januar 2022

Poetry Monday :: Ditch Your New Year's Resolutions

This Poetry Monday has Ditch Your New Year's Resolutions as its theme. 
 
Also normally participating are: Diane - who has taken over the hosting of  this challenge
Mimi of Messymimi's Meanderings - who also supplies us with topics - are writing wonderful, funny, thought-provoking, ingenious and honestly well written verse. Go and read.
Karen of Baking in a Tornado has joined us in this crazy pursuit, and promises us at least a poem a month - may  we hope for more!
SpikesBestMate often publishes a nice verse in the comments.
Jenny at Procrastinating Donkey who has been a faithful participant, is slowly returning to blogging after her husband's passing from this world. Let's continue to send warm thoughts, good energy, and lots of prayers her way. And dare we hope that she will join Poetry Monday again.

  This Monday took me by surprise ... how come, there's a Monday in every week, I know.
  I have no New Year's Resolutions to ditch, as I make none. So I'll just repeat this poem from 2019: 


 Why New Year's Resolutions never get made by me.
At New Year everything starts over
New calendar, new month, new numbers,
It's time for a serious makeover
It's time to drop all that encumbers.
Decide to diet, decide to train,
Decide  to run - also in rain.
Decide to clean,
And not be mean
And to say Yes,
Learn to play chess.
Eat you greens,
Enjoy the beans,
Forsake all meats,
And every sweet,
Here, have a beet!
At New Year everything is new,
 It's now we start as it should be!
The only sorry thing, you see.
I cannot buy a fine, new me!

The next Monday's topic: Opposite Day.

9 kommentarer:

  1. Charlotte, you don't need a fine, new you. This one is TOTALLY fine! ;)
    Great poem!

    SvarSlet
  2. Echoing Diane. Mind you, learning to say No is something I really need to be better at. Yes I manage. Sometimes too quickly.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Saying No and Yes in the appropriate places is an art!

      Slet
  3. I like your poem. I don't do resolutions. I have learned to say No without feeling I am letting someone down.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I have - mostly - too. Now I'm practising Yes to the small pleasures.

      Slet
    2. Saying Yes to yourself more often - and No so other peoples' demands - It's a balancing act, no less hard then juggling. I need to say more Yes to the fun things in life, to grasp the occasion, toeat more ice cream and less spinach - mentally spoken. A Yes to something often implies a No to something else and the other way around. I feel like a beginner in this.

      Slet
  4. Your poem is just right! You are just right the way you are.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.