fredag den 14. januar 2022

European Reading Challenge 2022


  Two years ago I stumbled over an exciting reading challenge: The European tour
  The first year life happened, and I did not read a single of these books, nor did I write a review of anything at all.
  Last year I read one book, then ... Blogger acted up, Corona happened ... well,  I just forgot.

So here I go again.

   The rules for participation are simple. Commit to the challenge, link up, read one or more books by authors from, or happening in different European countries. Only one book per author and country.
   If you want to compete for a prize at least five books must be read and reviewed. The prize winner is the one with the most books read and reviewed between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022.

List of countries:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.

I think I can do this and go for the glorious FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.

Tentative list - subject to changes, supplements, augmentations and re-postings without notice: 

United Kingdom: Screwtape Letters by British C. S. Lewis, I think it happens in England as well, or maybe Brideshead Revisited. (Evelyn Waugh)
Sweden: Pippi Longstocking - love her!
Poland: Dolina Issy or another book by Czesław Miłosz - I still! have to brush off my Polish.
Italy - Don Camillo.
Norway: Sigrid Undset's Olav Audunssøn i Hestviken - but in Danish not Norwegian.
Germany: Das Glasperlenspiel by Hermann Hesse.
Denmark (Is this cheating as I am Danish?): Any book I happen to read and like during these 12 months.

5 kommentarer:

  1. May you succeed eminently this year!

    SvarSlet
  2. I couldn't do this challenge. I am really bad at reviews. all I can say is if I liked it or not, but can't find the words to say why or why not.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Heh, yes I tend to agree. It was always my nigtmare at school Teacher: Why do you like this book? Me: Because it's good! Teacher: ??!!??
      You can participate without writing reviews in this challenge, it's only if you go for the grand prize.

      Slet
  3. What a great challenge. READ THESE BOOKS! Oooh!

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.