mandag den 8. januar 2024

Poetry Monday :: Winner

Today's theme for Poetry Monday is Winner. Poetry Monday is a challenge, normally hosted by Diane at On the Border. But from last Monday, January 8, 2024, Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her, while she's taking a break due to health issues. We will each set the topics for one month, I begin with January, Mimi is gong to tackle February, and so on until Diane returns.

Winner? When I cannot find out what to do with the topic, I find all the words rhyming with it and make them into more or less meaningful rhyme. That's also what I did today.

I'm still healing, still not feeling my best, even if I do see progress, I'm too impatient, and think I should be back to normal -- preferably yesterday. So please bear with me.


You can't be a winner
if you're not a beginner.
But a winner
can be a sinner.
Or thicker or thinner.

I will be a grinner
and maybe a winner
if  I turn into a spinner
and make a nice dinner
The satisfaction is inner!

  - - - - - -

For January the topics are as follows:

January 8: Winner (today)
January 15: Requirement
January 22: Teacher
January 29: Flight

6 kommentarer:

  1. I am smiling at your poem - and hope that your healing speeds up for you. Quickly.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I feel now it's mostly my head still being woozy. But as I'm an expert (not wanted) on dverse effects, side effects and the like, it is maybe as expected.

      Slet
  2. I like your take on the topic of winner.

    Prayers for speedy healing, I know what you mean about wanting to be back to normal yesterday.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, also it's nice to know I'm not the only impatient one around here.

      Slet
  3. Nice poem. I hope your healing goes quickly, that would be a win.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.