mandag den 1. januar 2024

Poetry Monday :: The Future

Today's theme for Poetry Monday is The Future. Poetry Monday is a challenge, hosted by Diane at On the Border. But today, January 1, 2024 is Diane's last time hosting Poetry Monday, for the time being, as she's taking a break due to health issues. Messymimi and I have conspired to keep the chair warm for her. We will each set the topics for one month, I begin with January, Mimi is gong to tackle February, and so on until Diane returns.

I wrote two short poems for today. One Elfje and one Haiku. Both touching the uncertainty of the future.


Future?
Tomorrow and
The next day
A long, long row.
Uncertain!

The future is filled
With hope and anxiety.
Let us live today!

- - - - - -

For January the topics are as follows:

January 8: Winner
January 15: Requirement
January 22: Teacher
January 29: Flight




3 kommentarer:

  1. Thank you so much to you and messymimi for keeping the light on for Diane. I hope her health improves and she returns but in the mean time I am very grateful - and as always, thoroughly enjoyed your poems.

    SvarSlet
  2. I like both poems and hope that Diane gets well quickly.

    SvarSlet
  3. It is uncertain, making the most of today is wise.

    As always, I enjoy your poetry and thank you for keeping it up with me.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.