mandag den 20. marts 2023

Jævndøgn :: Poetry Monday:: Buzzards ~
No Poetry so far :: Spring Equinox

NOW rigth this minute spring starts. It's Spring Equinox. It's raining, and I'm busy editing a magazine. And Buzzards ... I got them mixed up with vultures, and have been thinking of the Undertaker from Lucky Luke and his black hearse all day - not conductive for a nice and relaxing day.
For this reason no poems about either buzzards, vultures, owls or indeed any other feathered creature have formed inside my head.

-- 🦅 -- ⏰ -- 🦉 --

     NU, lige i dette øjeblik begynder foråret. Det er forårsjævndøgn. Det regner, og jeg har travlt med at redigere et blad. Og musvåger, som er dagens tema, fik jeg forvekslet med gribbe, så jeg har tænkt på bedemanden fra Lucky Luke og hans sorte ligvogn hele dagen - det er ikke ligefrem befordrende for en god og afslappende dag.
     Derfor kommer der ikke noget digt om hverken gribbe, musvåger, ugle elle nogen andre fugle i dag.


 - - - - -

Next Monday Celebrating Earth Day is our theme.

4 kommentarer:

  1. You do sound busy. It is raining here on our Autumnal equinox too. Which I welcome.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am, but not overmuch so, and when it's done I have a long break. I do like rain as well, but not this much!

      Slet
  2. Scientists do separate out buzzards from vultures, but in common talk, a buzzard is another word for vulture.

    I hope your rain has stopped for a while and you get some pretty sunshine.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I did some research and found out that in British English buzzards are not vultures, while in American English, and certainly colloquial, buzzards are vultures, hence my confusion.
      Lucky Luke would for sure have called them buzzards while the Tenderfoot would have looked for the ones living close to me.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.