Jeg tror det er tid at bringe mit "Så har vi altså fået nok regn"-digt. Det er desværre kun på engelsk, og det har været bragt her på bloggen i let forskellige versioner 10. august 2020, 25. januar 2021, 29. august 2022 og 15. januar 2023. I dag er en god dag til at holde traditionen i hævd.
- 💧 ☔ 💧 -
After a very dry summer, we've now had enough rain! We’ve had a couple of ‘near-cloudburst’ - that is, we've had 14 mm in half an hour where the official limit is 15 mm. The fields are saturated, the neighbour’s riding arena is only suitable for sea horses, the clothes on my clotheslines just never dries, and our small pond is overflowing.
I think it's time for a re-post of my "Enough of this rain"-poem.
I originally published this poem 13 August 2018. But I have published it almost every year since then - today is the right day to keep up this tradition:
Rain!
It was rainy all day. I could hear it all night, as I lay in my bed.
Now everything's dripping and drooping, and dreary and wet.
The brooks are all leaping, the rivers all run.
Every field had its water, every straw had its drink.
But there's apples still ripening and berries, I think.
So please, pretty please, can I have back the Sun!
(also published in slightly varying versions August 10 2020,
January 25 2021, August 29, 2022, and January 15, 2023)
January 25 2021, August 29, 2022, and January 15, 2023)
But look at the Forecast. It's even (almost all) in English - more rain to come!
Sunday well be halfway decent, then the rains return.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .
I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.