- Yesterday was Wednesday.
- Yesterday I published my story using the first batch of the Words for Wednesday supplied by Mimi @ Messymimi's Meanderings .
- Yesterday was also IWSG (Insecure Writers' Support Group)'s 15th anniversary.
- Yesterday I answered their monthly question, as I have done 54 times before, since December 2021. This makes it only five first Wednesdays where I have not answered that question. Once because I had nothing to say, the other four because I was too busy and forgot.
- Today I visited some of the other participants in the IWSG bloghop.
- Today I read J. Lenni Dorner's IWSG post saying:
Question: Do you have a favorite character archetype you tend to gravitate toward in your writing?
Answer The Ally: A loyal friend who helps the hero on their path. - Today I replied:
Allies, or friends, make great characters. I could not write a text without one. Now I think I'll have to try. Thanks for the challenge 😉 - Today I still had the second batch of Words left over from yesterday's Words for Wednesday.
- Today I used them for a start of my tale of June, the solitary hero.
Taped
Cream
Moonlit
Beach
Soft
Salty
June taped the shutters in place with broad, green tape. They would not wake her up again tonight. The green tape made a nice contrast to the cream coloured curtains and the newly painted white window frames and shutters. Then she stood in the moonlit garden, looking at her small house situated between the woods and the sandy beach. The garden looked mysterious in the moonlight and the low hedges framed it perfectly. The gate was shut, but easy to open even for a person of slight stature like herself, even for a child.
It was the house of her dreams. But, a soft voice whispered in her head, that dream did not contain me living all alone in it, with no allies, no friends, not even any family, and with only a slight hope of finding any.
The salty breeze from the sea mixed with her streaming tears.
... to be continued, maybe
Good-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
SvarSletThank you.
Slet