torsdag den 11. august 2022

Spelling Bee - Word Games - Bragging

Among the Word games I like to play, Spelling Bee, Wordle, and the Danish Wordle-look-alike called Wørdle, are my favourites. I solve those three almost daily. And I have spoken earlier of Wordle and Wordle literature in this blog.

Spelling Bee is both easy and hard: find as many words as possible using the 7 letters in the bee pattern, always including the central letter in the yellow hexagon - letters can be reused. There's always at least one word called Pangram using all 7 letters and giving max points (14) Four-letter words, the shortest accepted gives 1 point each.
  You can always find some words and get mildly irritated that your clever words are not accepted by the game. Midden, Kale and Bunyon for instance are obviously not words!

  One thing buggers me though; that unlike Wordle and a lot of other games, you cannot finish this one without a subscription. You are limited to the rank Solid which is, I guess, around half the way done and preceded by: Beginner, Good Start, Moving Up, and Good.

  For long I have been speculating that it should be possible to reach the next rank after Solid by guessing the Pangram at the right time. This Tuesday I succeeded:


The next rank is called Nice!


8 kommentarer:

  1. Good for you! There's a look alike that lets you play the whole game, over here.

    SvarSlet
  2. We have a similar puzzle in our daily newspaper, they call it Target Master. It has 9 letters and each must be used only once, but the central letter must always be used. They give numbered targets, for example good might be 10 words, very good might be 15 words and excellent could be 20+ words. Recently they have been harder with goals of 5, 8 or 10+ words, sometimes they have been 15, 20, 35+ words. It's my second favourite puzzle (code cracker is first favourite) but I don't always do so well, sometimes missing the easiest words because my brain just can't see them. The answers are always in the next days paper and I sit there telling myself how stupid I was NOT to get those words when I know that I should have.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes this sounds very similar. Our papers normally only bring crosswords, so I have to find these online.
      And as for not finding the easy word, so much YES!

      Slet
  3. For some reason, much as I like words I do not like Word Games. I have a brother who loves them and never lets a day go by, but they are not for me. Perhaps because I have failed on the rare occasions I have tried? Which is a shameful admission, and I don't think is all of it...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Those things are often not rational, I love almost all kinds of puzzles, crosswords etc. but Sudoku leaves me cold. Totally.
      Well at least Spelling Bee you can't fail, because you're never given the chance to find all the words unless you subscribe.

      Slet
  4. I totally love word games. Going to seek this one out!

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.