søndag den 23. august 2026

Sunday Selections ~ Steel Blue
Søndagsbilleder ~ Stålblå

Today it's still August, the Colour of the Month is still Steel blue. I do not find this blue very steely. But I'm not one to complain over any blue.
Det er stadig august, så månedens farve er stadig stålblå; selvom jeg ikke synes, der er meget stål over den fine blå her. Men den er blå, så ingen brok herfra.

All the photos are from today  ~  Alle billederne er taget i dag.

Starting with today's mug. Today my favourite supermarked would have celebrated its 130th birthday.
- 🔷 -
Vi begynder med dagens tekop. I dag ville Irma være fyldt 130 år.

Then off we went for mass. At the station the weather could not make up its mind. Looking to the Vest
- 🔷 -
Så tog vi til messe. På stationen kunne vejret ikke beslutte sig. Vi kigger først mod vest

... and twards the East  ~  og så mod øst.
We had sunshine and heavy showers before we reached church. It was the same on our way hime. 
- 🔷 -
På vej både til og fra kirke havde vi solskin og kraftige byger.

- 🔷 - 🔷 -

We brought a mint plant for a couple of good friends.
- 🔷 -
Vi medbraget en mynte til et par gode venner
This photo also makes me a bit grumpy. The "Blue spot" is meant for the old ticket system, and no longer in use. It seems to me that every time they make a new system, it's more expensive and less user friendly and practical than the old one.
- 🔷 -
Billedet her gør mig også lidt trist. Det blå punkt er til det gamle Rejsekort, der ikke virker længere. Det synes som om at hver gang de ændrer systemerne, bliver det ringere og dyrere.

- 🔷 - 🔷 -

And in the news: A campaign against drunken drivers. I find it refreshing that it's an old woman being asked to "please breathe into this", instead of the stereotypical young man.
- 🔷 -
Og i nyhederne. Jeg finder det forfriskende, at de er en ældre kone, der bliver hevet ud og bedt om at puste, i stedet for at det altid er den unge mand.

4 kommentarer:

  1. I have been forgetting to post "blue" pictures, mostly this is because my old laptop was dying so I pre-scheduled all the August ones with any pictures I already had. The new laptop (Lenovo) is causing me a bit of grief, though I have learned to blog on it and can receive and answer emails, but can't yet load my music or do a few other things like on the old Asus. So here I am on the old one with the new one sulking at the other end of the table.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Computer trouble can get the best of any of us. I love your word-picture of the sulking PC :D

      Slet
  2. These are many pretty blues, and I agree about how when something is “a new, improved system” it’s usually worse.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.