mandag den 12. februar 2024

Poetry Monday :: Toes

Somewhere in the "Rules" for Poetry Monday -- normally hosted by  Diane at On the Border, but for the moment being kept alive by Mimi and I -- I read that you could also cite somebody else's poetry. I'll use this option today, as Toes inevitably make these two pop into my brain and muchly outstay their welcome. Both are repeats from other Poetry Mondays as well.


Winnie-the-Pooh is not a favourite of mine, I think I was too old when first I read the books. But I am a fan of the poems. Today this one is appropriate:


The more it snows, tiddely-pom,
The more it goes tiddely-pom
The more it goes tiddely-pom
On
Snowing.

And nobody knows, tiddely-pom,
How cold my toes tiddely-pom
How cold my toes tiddely-pom
Are
Growing.

The second one I heard it "Singing in the Rain" long ago and wrote one of my earlier chapters in Susan and the Unicorn Farm. (Link) built around this song.

Moses supposes his toeses are roses,
but Moses supposes erroneously.
For Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses
as Moses supposes his toeses to be.

That's all folks.

- - - - -

Next Mondays topic: Spice

3 kommentarer:

  1. I never read Winnie-the-Pooh, I looked at one book long ago in a bookstore and thought it silly. The Moses poem is a good one.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I think there is a Winnie-the-Pooh window when growing up. If you do not read about him there, you never really learn to like him.

      Slet
  2. Both of these are fun poems. Becca and I are reading Winnie the Pooh books now, we've finished Beatrix Potter.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.