fredag den 24. november 2023

Words for Wednesday on a Friday

This challenge started a long time ago. Now it has turned into a movable feast with Elephant's Child as our coordinator; and the Words provided by a number of people.

The general idea of this challenge is to make us write. Poems, stories, subtitles, tales, jokes, haiku, crosswords, puns, ... you're the boss.
Use all Words, some Words, one Word, or even none of them if that makes your creative juices flow. Anything goes, only please nothing rude or vulgar.

 It is also a challenge, where the old saying
"The more the merrier" holds true.

So Please, remember to follow the links, go back and read other peoples' stories. And please leave a comment after reading. Challenges like this one thrives on interaction, feedback and encouragement. And we ALL need encouragement.

-- 🦴 --

The prompts for today as for every Wednesday in November are provided by Alex J. Cavanaugh, and made public at EC's blog.

We had these words for the 22nd of November:
Sword
Hogwash
Cactus
Ghost
Silver
Rivers
     And/or
 Spirits
Potato
Nincompoop
Indigo
Gemstones
Learning

Alex J. Cavanaugh's Words could maybe have fit a part of Susan's tale today, but I choose to go with
my default couple, Bill and Sue and their ghost training of the puppies. It's a loose continuation of last Wednesday's post. And still I'm using the words in the order they were given. 

"A sword," Bill said, "Why is there a sword inside this old hat?"
"Hogwash," Sue said, "you're still dreaming. It's a cactus."
"I wonder if the ghosts put it there to deter the puppies," Bill wondered. "Are ghosts susceptible to silver bullets?"
"Come and have some coffee," Sue chided. "Your brains are addled and not quite awake yet."

After the coffee Bill went out and fed the puppies. They rushed out of the dog pen and peed yellow rivers in the morning frost.
"Now," Bill said, "my brains are once more in working conditions thanks to your coffee, let's see if we can teach those puppies some spirits-sniffing. I'll take the brown and the potato-coloured one, leaving you with the nincompoop in the indigo collar."

The decoy gemstones were put under some of the fallen leaves by Bill, using long tongs so as not to give off any smell. Afterwards he walked criss-cross over all of the area, into the house, back again, into the dog pen, and around several times. Meanwhile Sue put doggy treats into containers. She had the full attention of the puppies while doing so. Learning would happen.

9 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks for the smiles. I am beginning to fall in love with Bill and Sue.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are a "normal-joe" couple, I invented back when I started the WfW. They have two children: son (studying Japanese, dating) and daughter (teacher, newly married). But their adventures are far from the norm :)

      Slet
    2. The I/we in my old tales can be any of those 4 (when it's not me).

      Slet
  2. Ghost training with puppies? I really like that. I like the way you use the prompts, like 'yellow rivers' and 'nincompoop in the indigo collar.'

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I hope to close down this strange tale next Wednesday, and continue Susan's suffering tale.

      Slet
  3. I like this and would like to hear more about the puppy training and if it works or not.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope to tie up this story come Wednesday ;)

      Slet
  4. I'm trying to catch up on blog reading. This is a fun story, the puppies will be trained, but I'm sure some will be better at it than others.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Always some will be beter than others.
      I am happy to hear you're catching up. It's OK wht me if you do not comment on every post :) I often don't - but I read them all.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.