tirsdag den 27. september 2022

Z - A :: Zip through Autumn~ 1

These last weeks months I have been blogging way less than I would have liked to. I have an idea in my head, but when I return home, too many things stand in line clamouring for my attention. When I finally get to sit down at the computer, I usually find that all my nice ideas have turned to broken words lying in heaps around me, not to be salvaged, much like the notes in this old drawing. 

It was like this yesterday. It was Poetry Monday, topic: Field trip. I was at a meeting and going there and back, I had three things on my mind: The meeting (hello, Capt'n Obvious), an upcoming exhibition in the crafters' guild I'm a part of, and a poem for Poetry Monday about me as a homeschooling mother and a terrible field trip to the woods with my children where everything just goes awry. Sons falling into a lake, getting bitten by ants, hit one another with sticks, gathering poisonous mushrooms, getting caught in the brambles, ... and the ending; the very best thing about a field trip is the hot cocoa on your return. But it never got written.

Now the people behind the A-Z Challenge offers a Challenge in reverse: Z-A during Autumn. A light version of the A-Z Challenge. Let me cite them:
No Masterlist, no forms to fill out, and no special place for links. You might want to share links to your posts using the #AtoZchallenge hashtag, or in the comments of these posts. That's up to you.
Do as much or as little as you like during this reverse alphabet challenge.
Here are some SUGGESTED prompts.
We propose doing two posts a week for this event.
And agonizing here, I already - almost - wrote the first blog post. Almost, because I can't stop offering excuses.

Here's a link and the aforementioned list. So if you care to join, get on board.

Sept 21- 27 ~  Zero excuses, Yearn to
Sept 28- Oct 4 ~ Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog
Oct 5- Oct 11 ~  Variety, Unique to my blog
Oct 12- Oct 18 ~ Ten-year plan, SMART goals
Oct 19- Oct 25 ~ Recommend, Questions for visitors
Oct 26- Nov 1 ~ Priorities, Open
Nov 2- Nov 7 ~ Never blog this, Motivating
Nov 9- Nov 15 ~ Lesson, Know where I've been
Nov 16- Nov 22 ~ Joy and Job in blogging, Ideas
Nov 23- Nov 29 ~ Happy Habits, Goal of your blog for remaining 2022
Nov 30- Dec 6 ~ Fortitude, Easy tips
Dec 7- Dec  13~ Dare, Chance
Dec 14- Dec 20 ~ Balance, Achievements in 2022

13 kommentarer:

  1. I wish I had the energy to partake, Charlotte. I love that cartoon, it says it all, I'm always running after myself it seems. So can relate to your post. I wish I could post more and sort myself out.
    XO
    WWW

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That sounds like tough times. I hope the same for you! 

      Slet
  2. Have fun. I look forward to reading your posts - which are always a treat and frequently teach me things.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I also learn from you :) That's one of the plusses of blogging, you 'meet' nice people from all over the world.

      Slet
  3. A challenge with a difference. You will do well, as always.

    SvarSlet
  4. "I usually find that all my nice ideas have turned to broken words lying in heaps around me, not to be salvaged, much like the notes in this old drawing."

    How many of us writers find ourselves in the same boat?! :)

    Your post is just what I needed to hear, while trying to attempt the Zip thru autumn , atoz challenge. I've been away long enough and this just felt so doable and enticing.
    Let's see how it goes; with a life if not packed as yours, but to an extent similar.

    Lovely doodle.

    https://natashamusing.com/2022/09/yearn-to-be/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you for understanding ... and for visiting. I
      ll pop over.

      Slet
  5. I also think this will be a nice, chill challenge, looking forward to it.

    SvarSlet
  6. What a fun idea! Maybe i need to go check it out.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You'll have to, It's more laid back than the A-Z one.

      Slet
  7. We can write all the excuses we want for not doing everything and they can all be understandable but maybe sometimes coming up with excuses is our way of saying, we need a break.

    Have a lovely day.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.