lørdag den 12. maj 2018

Back to the Classics - May

First of all thanks to the Queen of Carrots for reminding me of the challenge. 
My Back to the Classics Challenge is still suffering. Right now reading is on the back burner leaving room for gardening, plant dyeing, soaping and enjoying spring.

I tried colour-coding the months' books Obviously green for read, red for not read.

 
  • This time (May) my die roll was 10 meaning A classic by an author that's new to you. I wonder if Madeleine L'Engle's  A Rift in Time counts here. I newer heard of her until this challenge, where she keeps on popping up.

  • In January I rolled an 11 and began reading A Classic that scares you: Dr. Zhivago. Well I'm at page 50-something now. Every time I pick up this book, I begin doing something else - or reading something else. It STILL scares me!
  •  In February I rolled an 8 for A Classic with a single-word title I chose Gymnadenia by Sigrid Undset. It still lies unopened here beside me, even thougt I'm sure I'll love reading it.
  • In March the die was thrown. I got a 6, meaning: A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.  I imagined P.D. James to be older than she was. Try again. 
  •  April's die was a 9. Meaning a classic with a colour in the title. As I have already read De grønne skyggers dal Poul Nørgaard - a gift for Christmas - this one is done!

- 📚 -

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.