søndag den 10. januar 2021

European Reading Challenge

  Last year stumbled over an exciting reading challenge: The European tour
  Then life happened, and I did not read a single of these books, nor did I write a review of anything at all. So here I go again.

   The rules for participation are simple. Commit to the challenge, link up, read one or more books by authors from, or happening in different European countries. Only one book per author and country.
   If you want to compete for a prize at least five books must be read and reviewed. The prize winner is the one with the most books read and reviewed between 1 January 2021 and 31 January 2022 - an extra month of grace given ;) 

List of countries:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.

I think I can do this and go for the glorious FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.

Tentative list - subject to changes, supplements, augmentations and re-postings without notice: 

United Kingdom: Screwtape Letters by British C. S. Lewis, I think it happens in England as well, or maybe Brideshead Revisited. (Evelyn Waugh)
Sweden: Pippi Longstocking - love her!
Poland: Dolina Issy or another book by Czesław Miłosz - I have to brush off my Polish.
Italy - Don Camillo - I just found a new one.
Norway: Sigrid Undset's Olav Audunssøn i Hestviken - but in Danish not Norwegian.
Germany: Das Glasperlenspiel by Hermann Hesse.
Denmark (Is this charting as I am Danish?): Any book I happen to read and like during these 13 months.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I'm glad you signed up for the 2021 ERC! Your book list looks wonderful! Bon Voyage!

    SvarSlet
  2. Sounds like an excellent challenge, i am sure you will succeed.

    SvarSlet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar.
Jeg prøver at svare på alle kommentarer - og lover at hive alle kommentarer ud af spam-fængslet så hurtigt som muligt.

I am always grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.
I furthermore promise to pull your comments from spam-limbo as fast at possible.