Sider

De glemte sider

mandag den 27. juli 2026

Poetry Monday :: Relief

Every Monday is Poetry Monday.

Poetry Monday is a blogging challenge started by Diane @ On the Border in February 2017, and later it was picked up by Delores @ Mumblings and Jenny @ Procrastinating Donkey.
    Then Dolores took over the hosting duties; but when Dolores left the internet, Diane returned and took over hosting duty again with her and Jenny taking turns suggesting a topic.

    Now Mimi @
Messymimi's Meanderings and I have taken over, as Diane has returned home from her travels some time ago, but seems disinclined to take up Poetry Monday again.

I find this sad, because she reached many more poetry-writing bloggers than Mimi and I do.

The prompts are now taken from 365 Days of Drawing Prompts and other Arts group. This is a Facebook group with a (drawing) prompt for each day of the year, but no worries, the prompts will still be here and at Mimi's blog. And they mostly lend themselves perfectly for poeming as well. 


  I have something to ask of you: If you read this and the poetry of others via the links, would you please leave a comment.
  Half - if not more - the fun of these challenges is receiving the responses of others
.


  -- 🍳 -- 🥩 -- 🥕 -- 🐟 -- 🍥 -- 🌿 -- 🍚 --


Today's prompt is
Relief

Sometimes, when I have no idea what to do with the words, I simply find all words that rhyme with it, and mostly a nonsense verse takes form. This happened today as well.
    I asked for rhymes on
Relief - which I suspect can be pronounced in two different ways with different meanings. And I was given: Belief  - Broadleaf  - Debrief  - Flyleaf  - Khalif  - Longleaf  - Massif  - Motif - Serif -  and  Beef!
Longleaf and Broadleaf sounds like pipeweeds  from the Hobbit, I looked them up, and the truth is more plain.


It turned into this:


Last week we had beef
now it's a relief
to write of a leaf

Although my belief
is that the Khalif
would rather have beef
than slender longleaf.

I see a motif
in every broadleaf
oh, what a relief!

- - - - - - -UPCOMING Prompts: - - - - - - -

August  3 -  Tractors
August  10  - Bluebell
August  17  - Sunny days
August  24  - Photography
August  31  - Xerophyte
.

2 kommentarer:

  1. An interesting poem on relief.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you for your kindness, it's pure nnsense and playing with sounds. But it's fun - and fun is also an asset.

      Slet

Jeg bliver altid glad for en kommentar, og prøver at svare på alle kommentarer .

I am grateful for all comments, and try to reply meaningfully to all of them.